2) Chapel St Tour – another opportunity to have a good yarn with your hockey mates, this time while wearing a fun hat and enjoying the city’s finest. For the diary – May the 11th, 7:30PM-Midnight:https://www.facebook.com/events/577746706040935/
We want to be keeping fees for members as low as possible and one of our biggest money-makers for this is the canteen – it reels in the dollars so we don’t have to fork out hundreds each year more on fees and uniforms (“Pls no, I’m a poor student!” I hear you.).
Every game that the canteen is unmanned is money lost for the club and higher fees for us to make up for that loss.
If you clicked ‘Volunteering Opt-In’ when you paid your registration, it is your responsibility to pop your name down on the canteen roster, pop that date in your diary, turn up to the shift on time and swap shifts if you find out you’re unavailable. If you do not turn up to two shifts and haven’t found a replacement then you will be missing a match. (We don’t want you to be missing a match but it is THIS important that we have the canteen manned.)
Canteen shifts are super easy, and you’re welcome to take a few in a row in order to pay off your volunteering levy all in one day.
On the day you only have a few responsibilities:
– Collecting/returning keys if you are the first or last or the day.
– Rummaging through cupboards to restock the shelves and fridges.
– Remind visitors that only the alcohol sold at the Monash Hockey Club Canteen is to be consumed on premises. Strictly NO BYO.
– Run the hockey clock and scoreboard if you’re feeling tech-savvy.
Not yet received an email about the season starting?
Oh dear. That is problematic. Your email must have slipped into the internet abyss Firstly, check your spam/junk folder. If you can’t find it there, comment your email here or send us a message and we can sort it out!
Monash Hockey is rolling out new uniforms for the 2019 season (please see piccy for a refresher).
Women’s 1s and 2s, and Men’s 1s, 2s, and 3s – GOOD NEWS – we have your uniform ready to go. Bring $25 (cash or card) to training and see a Committee member to collect and pay for your gear. You will be wearing these on the pitch for Round 1.
Lower grades – you are sticking with the fun ol’ blue uniforms until the next shipment of uniforms arrives.
Hockey Vic is hosting some educational workshops for coaching and umpiring. In 2018, only 28% of workshop attendees were women and the organisation is offering 2 women from each club to attend for free! We strongly encourage our players to take this opportunity to learn more about the game and build your skills! If you identify as a woman, for your free pass to one of these great workshops!