Monash University Health Insurance Policy
Injuries sustained whilst playing or training for Monash University Hockey Club are covered by the University’s umbrella health insurance policy.
Who is covered? Full-time and part-time enrolled students are covered by the personal accident insurance policy. The cover also extends to registered members of clubs/associations under the University’s control (i.e. If you have paid your Monash University Hockey Club registration fees then you are covered).
What is covered? Injuries from accidents that occur during a University approved activity. The policy does not cover sickness and illness. A limited range of benefits are also available for financial loss due to medical treatment and hardship as a result of an accident that occurred while engaged in university/course-related activities, including practical or community placements.
Making a claim To make a claim please:
- Report any injury you would like to claim to Monash Sport (ph: 9905 4102) within 48 hours of the occurrence. Leave a message if required.
- Submit a copy of the University’s incident report, and a Monash Insurance Claim Form to
If you wish to discuss your claim or accident please contact the University’s Insurance Services via email or phone 03 9905 6368.
- The policy does not cover the difference between the doctor’s bill and the Medicare refund.
- You are required to pay all costs and then claim back expenses. Please ensure you keep all original accounts and medical statements.
- Claim forms must be completed by yourself and a qualified medical practitioner.
- You are required to pay a $50 excess fee for each claim (deductible at the time of claim settlement).
- Medical expenses must be incurred within 12 months of sustaining your injury.
- A referral from a General Practitioner is required for physiotherapy visits.
Policy benefits The policy includes the following benefits:
- Medical benefits – reimbursement of non-Medicare medical expenses to a maximum of $5,000.
- Weekly injury benefits for income earners. (Max. $600 per week excludes first 5 days of loss of income
- Overseas medical expenses. (Max. $100,000).
- Surgical Benefits, $2,000.
- Emergency transportation benefit where a claim has arisen, $5,000.
Hockey Australia Insurance Cover
Having paid their Hockey Victoria membership, players are covered by the National Hockey Insurance Programme. For more information, and to make a claim, please follow this link: https://hockey.jltsport.com.au/claim_pi.aspx